It was great to be with the Ole Miss Online team in Oxford last week for their iLearn event, at which the faculty share best practices and recognize outstanding online teaching.
Here are the slides from my talk: slides.pdf
I spoke about the changes happening in higher education–many of which are coming about due to the growth in online learning.
Some handy links:
- $25 million investment backs startup of Minerva
- 2tor, IncA Future Full of Badges – Commentary – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Bay State Banner – Universities reluctant to use iTunes U
- How could MITx change MIT? | Inside Higher Ed
- Imagining the Future of the University – ProfHacker – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Innovations in Higher Education? Hah! – The Chronicle Review – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Learning Technology Trends To Watch In 2012- The eLearning Coach
- Memvance – Memory Advanced- Ted Education – Video Lessons for Students
- MOOCs, Large Courses Open to All, Topple Campus Walls – NYTimes.com
- Mozilla Launches Open Badges Project | The Mozilla Blog
- On Facebook, Librarian Brings 2 Students From the Early 1900s to Life – Wired Campus – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Open Badges
- TED offers free video lessons for high school and college students – The Washington Post
- TED Launches its Education Platform
- The Minerva Project | Structural Innovations For The Non-Profit Sector
- Udacity – Free Classes. Awesome Instructors. Inspiring Community
I look forward to connecting with you as we learn together.