Apply to be an open educational resources (OER) Fellow: OER Research Fellow Application: Deadline September 15.
Here is the newsletter for the Association for Talent Development, Memphis chapter. It includes a summary of our recent Elearning Panel event that I moderated.
Here is the abstract for my doctoral student Chris Glenn’s dissertation, completed in 2014. Good job Chris!
I’m working on the site — changing themes, restoring old posts, etc. Sorry for the construction dust. Note I’ve restored the pages about jobs, organizations, conferences, books to read, and academic programs.
Here is a new report from the E-Learning Guild. Must be a member to access the full report ($99).
Today I talked with the IDT GSA about conferences and organizations in our field, and about preparing for and giving professional presentations. Here is the recording of that webcast.
Here are some resources and links that I mentioned.
- My list of lists of professional organizations in IDT
- My list of lists of professional conferences in IDT
- I just added my Google calendar of IDT events to the conferences page. There you can see upcoming events and calls for proposals, and deadlines.
- Here is a notef about IDT students presenting at AECT Louisville in 2012, and here are the presentation titles and descriptions.
- Other organizations I mentioned for IDT students were: Educause, SITE, AERA, and ISTE. You can find links and descriptions here.
About conference participation
Jennifer Maddrell mentioned her interview with me about the IDT program. She mentioned that it had been accessed by 1600 visitors so far, so that was good to hear.
Google Sites Resources
Simple Overview of Google Sites
Google Sites: Wikipedia
A google site on “About Google Sites”
- This is a lesson that goes through all the features of Google Sites
Narrated training course
Interactive online tutorial which explains concepts within Google Sites
Google Sites: Creating, editing and sharing a site
Sample Sites for Teachers
Help and Support
Help/Support/”How to” for google sites: http://support.google.com/sites/?hl=en
Web Master tools: site verification ??
Google Help Center for sites
Official Google Blog: http://googleapps.blogspot.com/
Mary Fran’s Getting Started with Google Sites:
Integrating Google Tools for Teachers
Many Sample Web pages
Slideshare Presentations: Google Site for teachers
Blog Post: 5 Ways to Use Google Sites in Schools
Adding a Countdown
Add Photos, Add Graphics To Google Sites
Four videos on how to create a new Site, add various media to your Google Site, Change the Appearance of Your Site, and share your site
Has 11 video all related to google sites
Page-level Permissions and Digital Portfolios in Google Sites
Google tools Pros and cons
Google Teacher Academy