The links go to the Amazon.com page for each book. Last updated May 2016.
- The Essentials of Instructional Design : Connecting Fundamental Principles with Process and Practice by Abbie Brown and Timothy D. Green
- Trends and Issues in Instructional Design and Technology by Robert Reiser and John V. Dempsey
- Real world Instructional Design by Katherine Cennamo and Debby Kalk
- The Instructional Design Knowledge Base : Theory, Research and Practice by Rita C. Richey, James D. Klein and Monica W. Tracey.
Learning and E-Learning
- How learning works : Seven Research Based Principles for smart teaching by Susan A. Ambrose, Michael W. Bridges, Michele DiPietro and Marsha C. Lovett
- First principles of Instruction by M. David Merrill
- Applying the Science of Learning by Richard E. Mayer
- E-learning and the Science of Instruction : Proven Guidelines for Consumers and Designers of Multimedia learning by Ruth C. Clark and Richard E. Mayer
- Gronlund’s Writing Instructional Objectives by Norman E. Gronlund and Susan M. Brookhart
- E-learning by Design by William horton
- Presentation Zen: Simple Ideas on Presentation Design and Delivery by Garr Reynolds
- Teaching Online : A practical Guide by Susan Ko and Steve Rossen
- Creating Graphics for Learning and Performance : Lessons in Visual Literacy by Linda L. Lohr