Last updated January 2014.
Here is a "list of lists" of journals in Instructional Design and Technology (IDT). These lists often include related areas such as educational technology, learning sciences, etc. I’ve ranked these below in order based on the quality of the list, and its value to you in IDT.
- Here is a comprehensive journal list as a spreadsheet by Dr. Ross Perkins of Boise State, including an alphabetical list of journals listed in the Social Sciences Citation Index.
- A ranked list of journals, with some explanation, from the wiki of the University of Eastern Finland.
- Here is a rank ordered list (by impact factor), last updated in 2007, from the Australasian Journal of Educational Technology.
- A list of Educational Technology Journals compiled by the Faculty Development and Instructional Design Center of Northern Illinois University. This list includes journals pertaining to various aspects of educational technology, online learning and related issues.
- A list of Journals in the Field of Instructional Technology collected by Joel Galbraith.
- An Advanced Learning Technologies Journal List from the Center for Learning Sciences and Technologies at the Open University of the Netherlands.
- A list of journals from Dr. George Veletsianos an instructional technology professor at the University of Texas, along with some commentary. And here is another list from George of open access journals in IDT.
- A list of journals and magazines on distance education and e-learning compiled by the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- This is a list of Prominent Journals in the field of Learning and Teaching with Technology compiled by Portland State University. These are grouped by their formats (online and print) and are peer-reviewed journals. There is also a separate group of journals that are non-refereed.
- A List of Educational Technology Journals on Educational Technology, Distance Education, Information Technology and Educational Multimedia Journals. A Listphile.com curated list.
- Selected Journals on Teaching and Learning — a list compiled by University of North Carolina-Charlotte on some general journals on Education, Learning, Distance Education and Technology.
- This is a list of journals on educational technology and teacher education. This site is operated by the AACE digital library.
- List of peer-reviewed journals on the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) from the University of Central Florida. SoTL uses discovery, reflection, and evidence-based methods to research effective teaching and student learning. These findings are peer-reviewed and publicly disseminated in an ongoing cycle of systematic inquiry into classroom practices. This work benefits students and colleagues and is a source of personal renewal. This is a list of Journals provided by UCF library.
- This is a comprehensive list of General or Interdisciplinary Journals on Teaching in higher education and all fields related to teaching and education. This list of Journals is compiled by Kennesaw State University.
- Farhad Saba’s list of journals in distance education from distance-educator.com