Skip to content
Books for sale on Amazon (on how to prepare and complete your dissertation) that Martindale recommends
- Practical Research: Planning and Design (11th Edition) Leedy & Ormrod.
- Writing a Successful Thesis or Dissertation: Tips and Strategies for Students in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Lunenberg & Irby.
- Demystifying Dissertation Writing: A Streamlined Process from Choice of Topic to Final Text. Peg Boyle Single
- Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis 1st Edition
- Writing a Proposal for Your Dissertation: Guidelines and Examples 1st Edition Steven Terrell
Resource lists from educators and institutions about literature review, writing, and dissertations
More books about dissertations and writing for sale on Amazon (not necessarily recommended, but to consider).
- How to Complete and Survive a Doctoral Dissertation. Sternberg
- Dissertation Fundamentals for the Social Sciences: For that time when you find yourself academically … alone (2nd Edition) Kindle
- The Literature Review: Six Steps to Success 2nd Edition
- Doing a Literature Review: Releasing the Social Science Research Imagination (SAGE Study Skills Series) Paperback – March 1, 1999
- Dissertations And Theses from Start to Finish: Psychology And Related Fields 2nd Edition
- Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-by-Step Guide 3rd Edition
- The Dissertation Journey: A Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Planning, Writing, and Defending Your Dissertation 2nd Edition
- Writing for Social Scientists: How to Start and Finish Your Thesis, Book, or Article: Second Edition (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing) 2nd Edition
- An Introduction to Research, Analysis, and Writing: Practical Skills for Social Science Students . Newsome, 2015. Sage Pubs.
Articles and full-text books on dissertation writing
- Completing Your Dissertation Without Tears (PDF). from Columbia U.
- Guide to the Successful Thesis and Dissertation: A Handbook for Students and Faculty. (full book PDF). 2003 book by Mauch and Park.
- Demystifying Dissertation Writing (blog post about the book).
Websites and blogs about dissertation work
- Get a Life, Phd
- The Thesis Whisperer
Articles and Opinion about the doctoral process
- A Survival Guide to Starting and Finishing a PhD. 2013 blog post from Nathan Yau
- Creating a Research Space (the CARS Model)