Skip to content
Books for sale on Amazon (on how to prepare and complete your dissertation) that Martindale recommends
- Practical Research: Planning and Design (11th Edition)Â Â Leedy & Ormrod.
- Writing a Successful Thesis or Dissertation: Tips and Strategies for Students in the Social and Behavioral Sciences. Lunenberg & Irby.
- Demystifying Dissertation Writing: A Streamlined Process from Choice of Topic to Final Text. Peg Boyle Single
- Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis 1st Edition
- Writing a Proposal for Your Dissertation: Guidelines and Examples 1st Edition Â Steven Terrell
Resource lists from educators and institutions about literature review, writing, and dissertations
More books about dissertations and writing for sale on Amazon (not necessarily recommended, but to consider).
- How to Complete and Survive a Doctoral Dissertation. Sternberg
- Dissertation Fundamentals for the Social Sciences: For that time when you find yourself academically … alone (2nd Edition) Kindle
- The Literature Review: Six Steps to Success 2nd Edition
- Doing a Literature Review: Releasing the Social Science Research Imagination (SAGE Study Skills Series) Paperback â€“ March 1, 1999
- Dissertations And Theses from Start to Finish: Psychology And Related Fields 2nd Edition
- Writing the Winning Thesis or Dissertation: A Step-by-Step Guide 3rd Edition
- The Dissertation Journey: A Practical and Comprehensive Guide to Planning, Writing, and Defending Your Dissertation 2nd Edition
- Writing for Social Scientists: How to Start and Finish Your Thesis, Book, or Article: Second Edition (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing) 2nd Edition
- An Introduction to Research, Analysis, and Writing: Practical Skills for Social Science StudentsÂ . Newsome, 2015. Sage Pubs.
Articles and full-text books on dissertation writing
- Completing Your Dissertation Without Tears (PDF). from Columbia U.
- Guide to the Successful Thesis and Dissertation: A Handbook for Students and Faculty. (full book PDF).Â 2003 book by Mauch and Park.
- Demystifying Dissertation Writing (blog post about the book).
Websites and blogs about dissertation work
- Get a Life, Phd
- The Thesis Whisperer
Articles and Opinion about the doctoral process
- A Survival Guide to Starting and Finishing a PhD. 2013 blog post from Nathan Yau
- Creating a Research Space (the CARS Model)